Mississippi Offers Expenses-Paid Gulf Coast Golf Trip
Visit Mississippi - the Magnolia State's tourism bureau - is offering golfers and travel-lovers the opportunity to win a free golf getaway to the Gulf Coast via a sweepstakes.
One winner will enjoy two nights' luxury accommodations at the Palace Casino Resort, two rounds of golf at The Preserve Golf Club and a scrumptious, authentic Southern dinner at Dickey's Barbeque Pit.
To enter the sweepstakes, visit www.tinyurl.com/golfms2015 by April 15 and join the conversation on social media by tagging #GolfMS2015 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
"Whether you're looking for a weekend getaway or a week-long vacation, Mississippi is a golf-traveler's paradise," said Director of Visit Mississippi Malcolm White. "Visitors can choose from more than 140 courses and complement their game with post-round options including non-stop entertainment, beaches, Blues Trail, Southern hospitality, historical attractions and more. The state's temperate climate makes conditions pleasing for year-round play and other guest experiences."
Designed by U.S. Open Champion Jerry Pate, The Preserve Golf Club encompasses 245 acres of dedicated nature preserve. The surrounding environment of bogs, cypress swamps, long-leaf pine savannahs and live oak groves are beautifully integrated into the course design.
Recently featured in Golfweek's "America's 50 Best Casino Courses," The Preserve offers stunning scenery and an exceptional playing experience.
The Palace Casino Resort is the only smoke-free casino on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Home to 236 guest rooms and 14 suites, the hotel is equipped with 1,100 slots machines, 26 table games and award-winning restaurants.
About Mississippi Golf
Attractions contributing to Mississippi's growing popularity as the preferred golf-and-travel destination include:
* More than 140 courses offering a variety of price points and designs from world-class architects such as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Jerry Pate and Tom Fazio
* Year-round golf weather with temperate conditions throughout five distinct regions -- The Hills, The Delta, The Capital/River, The Pines, The Coastal
* Home to two annual TOUR events: The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic of the Champions TOUR, played at Fallen Oak (March 23-29, 2015) and the Sanderson Farms Championship of the PGA TOUR, played at Country Club of Jackson in November.
* One of the largest gaming destinations in North America, featuring exciting gaming, upscale shopping, live entertainment, luxurious spas and internationally acclaimed golf courses
* Birthplace of blues, rock 'n roll and country music. Mississippi Blues Trail and Country Music Trail markers are placed at key sites around the state to honor musicians and give visitors insight into the state's diverse musical heritage
* World-famous, authentic southern cuisine offering savory barbecue, fresh seafood and French-Cajun delicacies
* A busy calendar of more than 400 unique events scheduled throughout the year
* A host of non-golf activities including boating, fishing, bird-watching, hiking, biking, hunting, camping and more.
Posted April 1, 2015 || Viewed 2,479 times